4 Sep 2012
Last week I was sitting on the couch waiting for Jake to get home from work. I was hungry. I made some tator tots but realized that I could not eat just tator tots for dinner. I started looking through our Forks Over Knives cookbook but couldn’t find any recipes that didn’t require me to go to the grocery store to buy something. So, I altered a recipe and it was pretty darn good! I’ll definitely be making it again.
1 yellow onion, diced
1 lb asparagus (1 pkg from Trader Joe’s) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
4 cups vegetable broth (1 box from Trader Joe’s)
1 Tbsp tarragon
2 tsp thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Saute onion in a small amount of vegetable broth for about 10 minutes.
2. Add chopped asparagus, diced potatoes, vegetable broth, tarragon and thyme.
3. Bring to a boil and then cook over medium-low heat for 25 minutes.
4. Puree soup in food processor.
5. Season with salt and pepper.