24 May 2011
I am finally joining the world of blogging. This is a little secret wish I have had for some time. However, I didn’t know what I really wanted to blog about or how to do it. Thanks to my wonderful husband and a new passion (quilting) I have a blog!
After returning from our honeymoon, with all the craziness and planning over, I needed something to do. Luckily, I had bought a sewing machine many years ago while in medical school and I recently had a lot of friends whom just had babies– so the obvious combination was: BABY QUILTS!
Over the past few weeks I have:
- Finished my first baby quilt (post coming) and will hopefully finish the second one tonight
- Joined a sewing class with 4 other fabulous women which I can only liken to really good therapy
- Found the most amazing blogs by women which have inspired me
- Shopped at websites with fantastic modern prints
- Attended my first Modern Quilting Guild meeting (awesome!)
Did I mention I’m also working full time? It’s all I think about right now: from the first thing in the morning to the last thing when i go to bed at night (and I’m even waking up thinking about sewing in the middle of the night). I’ve got the sewing bug, and I think I will soon be an addict. Needing a budget.
I’m hoping that this blog will be a record of my new journey and someday be an inspiration to others.