Yum, Yum, Yum. That’s all I’ve got to say about this recipe. It’s the newest recipe in our rotation and is getting eaten regularly because it tastes so good and is SO EASY!
I make this in our rice cooker so it literally takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then you press “cook” and then about 30 minutes later you have a delicious meal.
QUINOA BLACK BEAN TACOS:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (warmed in microwave)
- 15 oz can cooked black beans
- Pico de gallo (we use store bought but if you’d like to make your own, I put the recipe below)
- 1 medium avocado
- Small corn tortillas
1. Put the rinsed quinoa in the rice cooker along with the clove of garlic (minced), salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, and 1.5 cups of water. Stir to combine. Start the rice cooker.
2. Rinse the black beans well in a colander and allow the excess water to drain off. Cook the frozen corn in the microwave.
3. When the quinoa has finished cooking, remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Add the drained black beans and corn; stir to combine.
4. Lightly toast the tortillas in a skillet over medium heat until each side is just slightly golden brown (tortillas should still be pliable).
5. Top tortillas with quinoa taco mix, pico de gallo and avocado.
PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion
- 1 medium lime
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- to taste salt
1. Cut the tomato and onion into a very small dice. Wash the cilantro and shake dry. Roughly chop the cilantro. Combine the tomato, onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over the mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of salt. Give everything a good stir and then adjust the lime and salt to your liking.