The last of my robots

This will be the third quilt I have made with Robot Factory (which is now out of print and practically impossible to find). The first quilt I made was for my nephew from the pattern Pow Wow by Cluck Cluck Sew and then I made a simple square patchwork quilt for the son of one of my girlfriends.

I had several half square triangles left over from piecing the Pow Wow quilt and I saved these pieces knowing that someday I would put them to good use.

I sewed these half square triangles together to make “flying geese” and then randomly pieced the squares together. I’m very happy with how it turned out. In retrospect, I am a little nervous about the quantity of white in this quilt since it is going to a little boy (and I am now realizing how messy toddlers can be!).

Robots (1)

Robots (2)

I decided to quilt parallel lines between the pieced blocks. I’m really happy with how it turned out.

Robots (4)

The back is pieced with every last bit of robot fabric I had left. I guess I’m going to have to find a new fabric for boy quilts!

Robots (3)

Now I just need to package it up and mail it off to this sweet little boy…

10307192_10152632701256613_299668143315601827_n

– Erica

3 thoughts on “The last of my robots

  1. This is so fabulous!!! What a great way to use up those scraps:-) On the plus side when you use white you don’t have to worry about stain remover taking out the color… all that really matters is that it’s loved. XOXO

Leave a Reply